6 Reasons To Get Invisalign in Lewisville
Traditional metal braces have been around for centuries. Today, we use them to correct the positioning of misaligned teeth. While this method is still highly effective, many orthodontic patients in the Lewisville, Coppell, and DFW areas prefer an “invisible” orthodontic treatment option called Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear trays, called aligners, that slide onto your teeth. The orthodontic aligners are rigid, and when worn for 22 hours a day they slowly move your teeth into the desired position.
Each pair of trays is replaced every two weeks with a new set that looks slightly different. As the weeks progress and you continue to wear new aligners, your teeth adapt to the shape of each pair. This treatment goes on until you have a straight smile. Most of our Lewisville Invisalign patients complete their treatment in about a year, or quicker if it’s for cosmetic purposes.
Why Get Invisalign?
If you want straighter teeth and you fall into the following categories, you may want to consider getting Invisalign.
- You’re committed to the 22-hour rule – One of the biggest differences between Invisalign and traditional braces is the fact that you need to make a conscious effort in order for your treatment to progress. The only way Invisalign will work is if you’re committed to wearing your aligners for 22 hours per day.
- You have good oral hygiene – Your aligners need to be removed to eat. Before placing them back in, you should brush your teeth. Though cleaning your teeth with Invisalign is very simple (you take the aligners out to do so), you still need to be willing to brush your teeth several times a day. This can mean doing so in the middle of the day when it may be an inconvenience and carrying around an oral hygiene pack in your car, purse, or briefcase.
- The idea of having metal braces makes you feel self-conscious – This is probably the number one reason our Lewisville, Coppell, and Dallas/Fort Worth patients choose Invisalign. Since the aligners are clear, most people that you talk to won’t even notice that you’re wearing them!
- You need to maintain a professional appearance – If you’re an adult and worry that having braces will give you a juvenile or unprofessional look, then you should consider Invisalign. Business professionals, public speakers, and supervisors can straighten their smile without altering their speech or appearance.
- You want the quickest treatment possible – Invisalign treatment can be completed in half the time as traditional braces. If you want the quickest orthodontic treatment possible, then Invisalign is a great alternative.
- You don’t want to spend all your time at orthodontic appointments – While you’ll still need to come in for ortho check-ups, you won’t have to visit our Lewisville office as much as you would if you were wearing metal braces.
Get Started with Invisalign Today
Getting started with Invisalign is as easy as a phone call away. Solid Smiles in Lewisville offer no-pressure Invisalign consultations. We’ll be happy to determine if clear braces are the best orthodontic option for you or your teen. Book Online or Call today!